Looking for translators

Tutta l'informatica

Looking for translators

Messaggioda evil » mar nov 04, 2014 1:06 am

Hello!
My name is Joerg Renkert,and I am developing a tool called ArtBase.
First, a short description:
In a german forum someone asked, how the users organise their game-collection. After first answers
like "Excel" or "Open Office" otherones mentioned, that we were talking about amigagames and therefore amigasoftware
should be used. So things like "TurboCalc", "Datamat" and other programs were named.
The conclusion of this discussion:
Every user uses other programs for this task.
Mostly every user uses a program, which can export his table using the CSV-format.
Mostly all discussers agreed, that Databases or Table-Sheets are simply to dry for this task.

As I had finished my last projects and had the time for a new one, I desided to Create a tool,
which can display your (existing) databases in an absolutely free configurable, stylish way: ArtBase.

You will find further information and screenshots on the a1k-forum (german):
http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35819

Now, after two years of development, ArtBase is mostly finished.

ArtBase shall be published in different languages, and so, I am looking for translators for it.
The germand language is completely finished (my native language)
English translation is mostly done by an external translator.

What has to be done?
The Amigaguide manual is about 60kilobytes in size.
The catalogfile has roundabout 300 lines.
The installationscript has about 15 lines.
So I am looking for people, who would translate this peace of software into their native language,
based on the english translation (or the german one, if wanted).

What will you get for your work?
ArtBase will be published as donationware.
Everyone might use it for free, but is asked to pay some money for my work (roundabout 2000 hours).
Everyone, who pays at least 20 Euros, will get ArtBase on a burnt, professional printed cd-rom
inside a DVD-Cover including a printed manual (in the desired language) on high quality paper.

Everyone who helps me developing ArtBase (GFX, betatesting and translation)
will get the above mentioned CD as exchange.

As I want (and hope) to publish ArtBase until the end of 2014, theres no time to loose.
So if you have the time and the interest to translate ArtBase into your language, please contact
me at [email protected]

Thanks for your help!!

Best regards

Jerome Renkert

[email protected]
evil

Niubbo

Re: Looking for translators

Messaggioda samo79 » mar nov 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Well first of all welcome :felice:
If you release a beta version to try maybe we might look at, but atleast it should work under AmigaOS 3.x and 4.x and of course you should provide the proper files to translate it, i mean the .cd/.ct files
Immagine

Moderatore sezioni Amiga/AmigaOne su
TGMOnline

WHEN IT'S DONE Immagine

Le mele a volte possono essere devastate dal colpo feroce di una tempesta, ma il tenero fascio del sole potrà sempre far sviluppare dei nuovi frutti

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz - 1 GB DDR Ram - Radeon 9250 - AmigaOS 4.1
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE - AmigaOS 4.1
samo79

Staff

Messaggioda evil » mar nov 04, 2014 11:12 pm

Hello!
Publishing a beta is not a very good idea in my opinion. There are still some bugs, and I think, ArtBase is to complex, that any normal user would play around withit, while getting bugs from time to time.
But if anybote would be interested in translating, betatesting or creating graphics for ArtBase (yes, I still need some GFX), I would send him an actual beta, of course.
ArtBase is developed on AmigaOS4.1. It was tested on MorphOS and WinUAE.
It might run on classic68k, but will be unusable slow. AROS was not tested yet (somebody here??) But as previous projects of me did not work because of alphachannel- or transparency-problems within AROS, It possibly might get problems with ArtBase on AROS

How can I upload Screenshots here? I havent hosted screenshots anywhere so need to upload them here directly.

Best regards

Joerg Renkert
evil

Niubbo

Messaggioda evil » mer nov 05, 2014 12:35 am

Ok. Some more stuff about ArtBase here:

ArtBase imports tables in CSV-Format. As seperators "," ";" "|" and TAB may be used. Even tablefields with more lines in a cell will be imported correctly.
This means. You do not have to rewrite all your gamelists. Simply continue editing it with your favourite program. ArtBase only displays these lists in Masks at the moment. Maybe in future versions an editor will be integrated. But I think, there are many good programs available for the amiga for this task...

Artbase tries to detect the Type of field of every coloumn of your table.
This means:
If you have long texts in the cells of a column, artbase detects this and creates fields, that will be scrollable.
If you have links to pictures in a column, artbase detects this and shows the picture in your mask.
Even Slideshows are integrated and will be displayed.
The same for music-files and textfiles.

The configuration of your mask is very intuitive. Place and resize your fields just like icons and windows on your desktop.
Adding new fields (table-columns) is as easy as creating new drawers from your WB.

Every field is absolutely configurable.
Each field may have its own font, size, fontcolor.
Its backdrop can be a colour, a gradient, a texture or even a picture.
you might draw frames around your fields, which also can consist of colors, gradients, textures or pictures.
Frames and backdrops of each field can have adjustable transparencies.
Each Fieldheader can have any font, fontsize,fontcolor and backdropcolor.
Headerbackdrops can have adjustable transparencies.
Headers can be placed anywhere around the field.
You might also add fix texts or pictures as decorative elements in your mask
(Horicontal/vertical bars, Maskheaders...)
You can load and save the design of your mask (just like themes on your Desktop), so that you can change the whole design with just a few clicks.

ArtBase can ofcourse filter and sort your lists.
ArtBase uses MUI, which makes it very intuitive to use.
ArtBase does not have own windowborders, so its masks look really cool.
ArtBase features a huge documentation. Reachable from ArtBase itself and from Workbench, too. When opened from within any configwindow, the onlinehelp will direct you to the correct chapter of the manual .
ArtBase uses speechbubbleshelp for almost all parts of its MUI-configuration-menus.
ArtBase is completely usable with mouse or keyboard.
ArtBase has an inbuild cache-system for speeding up loading and displaying pictures.
From within its mask, you can view pictues, listen to music.
Clicking on URLs (which have to be in your table) ArtBase will open your browser and redirct you to the selected side. Clicking on E-Mail-Addresses will open your email-client with the specific address.
AlphaChannels and aliasing for text/gfx can be enabled/disabled to speedup things on slower machines.
ArtBase uses a (thanks to you) localiced installationscript,
ArtBase runs on AmigaOS4, MorphOS, AmigaOS3 (only winUAE) and AROS (hopefully).
ArtBase will probably be available in german, english, italian, french, swedish, polish and norweign language... Maybe more.
ArtBase will be donationware. Everyone might use it for free.
Donations of at least 20 Euros will result in a burnt (maybe rewritable), proffesional, colourful printet CD-ROM in a black DVD-Cover with printed inlay.
It will include a Printed manual in one of the available languages. Printed on high quality paper and about 50 pages long. fitting into the dvd-cover.

But... look at yourself:
First screenshot shows the startup-screen.
Immagine
The second one the Viewmode, where you listen to music, view your screenshots, sort and filter fields....
Immagine
The third one shows the configuration-mode of ArtBase including one (of many) configuration-menus (MUI).
Immagine
Best regards!!

Joerg Renkert
evil

Niubbo

Messaggioda samo79 » mer nov 05, 2014 4:41 pm

Wow It look like a very big project, congrats :felice:
However the more bigger it is, more complex will be to translate .. even because it's always difficult to translate a thing without having any local program where to test it !

Aniway fell free to post the translation files and we will look at :felice:
Immagine

Moderatore sezioni Amiga/AmigaOne su
TGMOnline

WHEN IT'S DONE Immagine

Le mele a volte possono essere devastate dal colpo feroce di una tempesta, ma il tenero fascio del sole potrà sempre far sviluppare dei nuovi frutti

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz - 1 GB DDR Ram - Radeon 9250 - AmigaOS 4.1
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE - AmigaOS 4.1
samo79

Staff

Messaggioda evil » gio nov 06, 2014 1:35 am

Hello!

The main work in translating ArtBase is the documention, which is right huge imho (60-70 kb).
It is in the Multiview format,so everyone can easy test it!

Translating in teams is also not the very best idea in my opinion.
1. The writing style of different persons is, ofcourse, different too. This does not look very proffessional.
2. I want to publish ArtBase in as much languages as possible. At the moment, english, french, polish and swedish is in work. That means, I have to keep kontakt to 4 translators already. If they work in teams, the amount of contacts would grow exponential... That is not possible for me, as there are also betatesters and graficans...
3. I mentioned, that every betatester, graficans, translater and other people, who help developing ArtBase will get a CD for free. Giving all teammembers of one language a CD is simply to expensive for me...

But following Idea:
I have uploaded all files concerning ArtBase to a webpage.
If there is someone, who organises translation then he should simply contact me per email.
He will be the one, who stands in email-contact with me and he should hold on overview over the translation (sharing, testing, correcting...). And of course he will get the URL from the ArtBase-development-Page and may share it with other translaters. And he will get the promised CD.

Of course: If there is someone, who thinks, he can do the task alone (as the english, french, swedish and polish translators do) then he can contact me, too!!
Best regards

Joerg (evil) Renkert
evil

Niubbo

Messaggioda evil » gio nov 06, 2014 7:54 pm

I forgot to mention: my email addy: [email protected]
evil

Niubbo

Messaggioda farasat317 » ven gen 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Translating in teams is also not the very best idea in my opinion.
1. The writing style of different persons is, ofcourse, different too. This does not look very proffessional.
2. I want to publish ArtBase in as much languages as possible. At the moment, english, french, polish and swedish is in work. That means, I have to keep kontakt to 4 translators already. If they work in teams, the amount of contacts would grow exponential... That is not possible for me, as there are also betatesters and graficans...
3. I mentioned, that every betatester, graficans, translater and other people, who help developing ArtBase will get a CD for free. Giving all teammembers of one language a CD is simply to expensive for me...

70-480
farasat317

Niubbo

Torna a Tecnologia, internet, coding